You know when sickness just rampages your household and you have to burn purge anything you came in contact with, like your bed sheets for example. Well, my solution? Just throw a pair of our replacement sheets on the bed. The back up set that everyone and their mother owns. Oh wait. I don’t own any of those. To target, I go. And of course, I’m drawn to the beautiful white sheets that I’ve avoided for years. I’ve gone down the tan road. And even the gray road. But always steered clear of the beautiful bright white road out of sheer fear. Because I’m a big ol’ bag of lazy and when nighttime rolls around sometimes the strength to take off my makeup and wash my face just straight escapes me. But not this time folks, I bought the white sheets. Aww, sheeeeet. And ever since, I’ve washed my face e’ery night for the sanctity of my sheets.
Here’s my nightly skincare routine, if that kind of thing strikes your fancy:
1. Wash all dat makeup off. Especially that mascara. Am I the only one that gets itchy eyes when that stuff is on too long? I use Paula Choice Clear Pore Face Wash.
2. Throw some toner on a cotton pad and tone shiz outta my face. My face sees more toning than any other body part. And another Paula product, Skin Balancing Pore Minimizing Toner.
3. Exfoliate, friends. Time to cotton swipe all that nasty old away and in with the new. It’s like New Years resolutions but for your skin. And this time we’re actually following through. Did you guess it? Paula’s choice, baby: Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant.
4. Target treatment overload. Now, most of my blessed friends can skip this step. However, my face decided to hit puberty at the age of 24. Yay. So this step is for zapping those zits with the magical BHA 9. And then apply a skin lightener because my face started this new thing called dark spots. I beg you, 15-year old Samantha, wash yo dang face. This won’t last forever and now is the time for instilling good habits. Don’t wait for the white sheets to be your motivation. I use Paula’s Choice Resist Vitamin C Spot Treatment.
5. Lastly, I seal all that goodness with a little moisturizer. Because, Utah. Am I right? Does wonders for the hair and wowzers for the skin. I use Resist Anti-Aging Moisturizer.
Moral of the story, I’m a loyal customer. Reality? It’s the first routine I’ve stuck with that actually worked. Aka, my current holy grail routine. What are your holy grail skincare items?