It’s only 4 PM and I am dragging. In need of a pick me up, party of one. My solution? I’m sipping some matcha green tea and chowing down on these killer paleo chocolate chip cookies because, let’s face it, I’ve forgotten to defrost chicken yet again. I’m a notorious defrost-in-water type of cook.
- 1 cup (100 grams) blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup (32 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (84 grams) coconut oil or butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons (98 grams) natural almond butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups (213 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer or using a stand mixer, beat together the fat and sugar at medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute. If you use coconut oil, it may not come together easily. If that’s the case, use your hands to combine it and then beat another 20 seconds.
- Beat in the almond butter and vanilla extract on medium speed and mix until combined. Beat in the egg on low and mix until well incorporated. Stir in the flour mixture until well combined. Then stir in 1 cup (170 grams) chocolate chips. If you used brown sugar, skip to the next step. If you used coconut sugar, place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 1 hour or until the dough is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C) and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 8 (75-gram) balls and place the remaining 1/4 cup (43 grams) of chocolate chips on the top and on the sides of the dough balls. Place 3″ apart on the prepared baking sheet. Press the cookies down lightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes (if using coconut sugar) or 14-17 minutes (if using brown sugar) or until the surface of the center of the cookies no longer appears wet. They’ll be very soft but will continue to cook as they sit on the cookie sheet.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- For paleo: use coconut sugar, coconut oil, and paleo chocolate.
- For dairy-free: use coconut oil and dairy-free chocolate.
Prep Time: • Cook Time: • Ready in: • Yield: 8 cookies
Original recipe post can be found here.
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12173561/?claim=nmynxpwn4k7″>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>